I Love movement, so for my final images I wanted to create movement in a static image. I used Rhino to create shapes for my cloth to fall onto in blender. I wanted to have the texture look like velvet, have that heavy look about it. My final images are interpretations of velvet being shot out of a cannon.
This week we were introduced to Grasshopper, Grasshopper is a plug n for Rhino. I enjoyed this week as I am already familiar with Rhino so expanding the capability's of Rhino is exciting.
Unfortantly I lost these files so I have attached images and a video that shows my workings.
This week we were learning more about Revit. We learnt about familys, this is where you make a part of the design ( in this the beams) and you group them together making them one item this is called a family. We then used this to start modelling the Auckland Domain winter-gardens. I am still trying to get my head around Revit but I am excited to dive into it more.
To kick of digital techniques for this semester we were introduced to Revit, I found this difficult right from the get go. I think the hardest thing to get use to is how Revit moves around it isn't as easy as a Rhino. This week we looked at a project called "House in Coutras" ( pictures below) this is a sort of class house barn that is functioning as a family home.
We took the Revit working files from this project and changed/ modified them. I removed all the existing internal walls and living spaces and added a range of different size curved walls these were all transparent and gave the space a very airy feel.
Trying to rescue files. ( hard rive has crashed)
This week our challenge was Blender its a new program that I have never used before but I did enjoy it and am excited to explore it further.
The first setting I tried was the mountains, I wanted to try something that played with transparency and layering in a abstract way.
I then moved into a church background I really enjoyed putting objects into pre made spaces. This time I tried out reflection and tried heaver transparencies.
This week we were working in blender again but we brought a model over from revit. This time with my pink screens I added depth to them making them look 3D.